Makeup artists at White Station

Kyra Richard (11) with makeup in the style of Shironuri. Richard has been doing this makeup style for the past two years.
ANGELA RICHARD//USED WITH PERMISSION

Rathsathida Rasasack (12) has always done makeup, but recently started The Rassy Glamistry on Instagram where one can book her for a look this past September. 

“I always did makeup for other people and I just did it for free, so I started my business because I was like, ‘I could profit off this,’” Rasasack said.

Rasasack takes inspiration from Youtube makeup classics like James Charles, Nikita Dragun and Jeffree Star. In her own makeup, she leans towards natural looks and matte finishes.

“[I go for] definitely a natural look [and] enhancing people’s faces. Just outlining what they already have,” Rasasack said.

She uses social media to stay up-to-date on the current beauty trends, mostly using the brands Morphe and Fenty Beauty. 

“It really just depends on what the client wants, but mostly Pinterest [and] Tiktok helps me stay up to it,” Rasasack said.

Her pricing starts off at $30 but goes up with additives like eyeshadow and eyeliner. 

“[The pricing depends on] how much I spent on makeup and how much work goes into it from there,” Rasasack said.

Though doing makeup is important to Rasasack, she plans to keep it as more of a side job while she pursues a career as a creative director. 

“I hope it grows more,” Rasasack said. “That’s really about it for me, I hope it opens more doors for me.” 

Kyra Richard (11) takes makeup artistry in a different direction with the Japanese styles of Shironuri, which consists of a white base and alternative clothing and Gyaru which consists of eye makeup that makes the eyes appear larger, light colored eyeshadow and lots of highlight on the nose. Though Richard does not do makeup on others, she is still active within the overall community.

“I’ve never really been into normal makeup, I guess,” Richard said.

This style of makeup comes from a Japanese rock scene called Visual kei, which led Richard to start doing makeup two years ago. 

“The main focus is the visual aspect so they’ll go all out with any like glam,” Richard said.

Richard sometimes draws out her looks first before creating it on her face and uses anything she can find at her local drugstore or beauty supply store. The products she mainly uses are the Mehron CreamBlend Stick and the L.A. Girl foundation for her white base.  

“The products I use are just from anywhere I can find them,” Richard said. “If I go to the store…I’ll say ‘Oh, that looks like something I can use.’” 

Two Japanese rock bands, Malice Mizer and Dir En Grey, are Richard’s main inspirations as they are both active in the Visual kei scene. Gyaru, the other style Richard likes to do, has recently become more popular online. She does not plan on ever doing makeup on others, but she enjoys participating within the sub-culture.

“It’s been really fun seeing my makeup as a whole develop over time.” Richard said

$550
$500