Seniors reminisce about shortened final year

Google Images

White Station closed Friday, March 13, 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic. Its closure left many seniors heartbroken with the cancellations of festivities like prom and possibly graduation.

Although the coronavirus pandemic took a lot from this year’s seniors, it cannot take away their fond memories of White Station. With three and three-quarters years at 514 S Perkins Road, the Class of 2020 had plenty of time to develop relationships, explore new horizons and make countless memories. 

“My favorite memory would probably be friday night lights,” former senior class president Angel Reyes said. “If I had to choose a game, my favorite game has to be last season’s against Christian Brothers.” 

“My favorite memory was catching up with my friends in the hallway on the way to class,” Marissa Pittman said.

But in order to make memories, learn and grow, they had to be welcomed into the spartan family first.

“Even though I attended a different middle school, White Station took me in like a family,” Reyes said. “I made new friends and found a way to be an active student.”

The collective kindness from each student and staff member creates that family mentality and possibilities for all. 

“The support I received from administration, faculty, students, and staff at White Station was unmatched,” Pittman said. 

White Station also helped form them into who they are today. Their experiences prepare them for life beyond high school and put them in a position to thrive. 

“The people in White Station showed me how to be independent and creative,” Franklin Hobbs said. “The school showed me being different is amazing.”

Though their senior year did not go as planned, Hobbs, Pittman and Reyes are all thankful for their spartan experience and will cherish it forever.