High School Journalism’s Best of the Best: Best of SNO

+Katie+Lamm+%2810%29%2C+a+first-year+staff+member%2C+was+featured+in+Best+of+Sno+for+her+article%2C+%E2%80%9CZoey+Brewer+and+Her+Movie-Making+Uncle.%E2%80%9D

Kennedy Ray

Katie Lamm (10), a first-year staff member, was featured in Best of Sno for her article, “Zoey Brewer and Her Movie-Making Uncle.”

The world of journalism is large and busy, especially for high school journalism. News is happening everywhere, and it’s happening all the time. Luckily, teenagers all across the country have the interest to cover that news, and White Station High School students are no exception. 

Two students of The Scroll, Annie Leow (12) and Katie Lamm (10) have been awarded for pursuing their interest in news-covering to the fullest through SNO, an online forum for High School journalism publications.

Annie Leow, a third-year staff member and the sitting Managing Editor, was featured on Best of SNO for her article titled “How Title IX relates to who is crowned Homecoming Royalty.” The article covers the facts related to the ground-breaking crowning of a male for Homecoming at White Station, which broke as a major story in the United States when it happened.

Katie Lamm, a first-year staff member, was featured on Best of SNO for her article titled “Zoey Brewer and Her Movie-Making Uncle.” The piece focuses on senior Zoey Brewer’s uncle, Craig Brewer, responsible for the creations of big movies like “Dolemite Is My Name,” starring Eddie Murphy. 

Both writers were not only featured as outstanding writers but were also given certificates as validation of their work.

All this to say that high school journalism is not dead: it’s alive and well, and it’s thriving especially right here at the Station.