White Station Scroll

White Station Scroll

White Station Scroll

Behind the scenes: senior class officers unveiled

Working in tandem, Arielle Brent (12) and Jaiden Goodman (12) navigate the responsibilities of being a leader. They aim to foster a sense of community among the students.
ERICK LOBOS//THE SCROLL

The Class of ‘24 has elected Arielle Brent and Jaiden Goodman as their senior class officers to lead them through their final year of high school. Both of these students offer unique perspectives in hopes of providing a memorable year.

Brent’s objective is to create an environment where students cherish their final year while preparing them for their futures. 

“I want to not just prepare us for college, but to also have fun,” Brent said. 

Brent entered the race because she was inspired by the positive impact left behind from last year’s junior and senior class presidents.

“I just wanted to be that candidate to do something a little differently and actually get us prepared a little bit more,” Brent said.

Brent has ambitious plans to invite alumni to share their life experiences after high school. She aspires to establish a memorable year students can reminisce on while preparing students for the challenges they will face in adulthood.

In terms of leadership experience, Brent has managed a track team, compiling and managing data for over 100 students and taking various administrative tasks. Her first priority as class officer is securing the approval for the senior trip, plus exciting events planned throughout the year, including a time capsule to document the changes and growth of the senior class.

“I’ve always loved to lead people but not be too bossy,” Brent said. “I’ve always tried to learn the ratio of  what’s too much, and what’s being too forward.” 

Jaiden Goodman joined the campaign with the belief that he could effectively represent the wishes of the student body. He aspires to establish a senior year that the Class of ‘24 will look back on with fond memories. 

“I want school to be their safe haven, even for people who hate school. I want to make that a little bit better,” Goodman said.

Although Goodman does not have formal leadership experience to date, he is motivated to create a momentous senior year for his peers. Along with planning the senior trip with Brent, the two are working on planning many other memorable events for the senior class, working to confirm test schedules to ensure minimal conflicts for these special events.

“[I hope] when they grow older, they [will] have good memories [of] highschool,” Goodman said.

Brent and Goodman share the common goal of making the Class of ‘24’s senior year as enjoyable as possible, and hope to ensure that their peers have a positive and memorable experience to carry with them into the future. They aim to tackle the pressing issue of a lack of unity within the class by creating a more welcoming community and encouraging students to get to know one another better.

“I feel like we could kind of shape people into having more positive mindsets about things and about other people, I feel like we can change that.” Brent said. 

Donate to White Station Scroll
$550
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of White Station High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.