Linda Bland-Cooper

Emlyn Polatty

In one of the stair landings hangs a growing memorial for Linda Cooper who passed away Sunday, Sept. 2, 2018. Notes from students and teachers alike form this tribute to the former Teen Living teacher.

As White Station mourns the loss of Ms. Linda Cooper, we remember the impact she made on our lives and the treasured memories she gave her Spartan family.

Cooper, born on Dec. 20, 1960 in Millington, Tenn., passed away Sunday, Sept. 2, 2018, in Memphis, Tenn. A teacher for almost 30 years, Cooper taught Teen Living at White Station for eight years, and was also the club sponsor for the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America club (FCCLA).  

Described as a no-nonsense woman who strived for the highest quality in everything, Cooper truly loved working with students, whether in FCCLA or the classroom.

“[Her favorite thing about White Station was] her students—touching the lives of her students,” Alicia Curry, White Station’s Business Communications teacher, said.

FCCLA Vice President for Public Relations Christiann Holmes (12) worked closely with Cooper in the club and personally knew what it meant to be one of Cooper’s students.

When asked what White Station would miss the most about Cooper, Holmes replied, “Her will for always being there for us—She didn’t just treat us as students, she treated us as if we were all her kids.”

Ms. Cooper is survived by her two biological children and the children of her Spartan family. We will remember Cooper for striving to improve the school and the people inside it even though she is no longer with us.  

“I’m going to miss our relationship,” Holmes said, “but I know she’s definitely still in my heart.”