Are You Proud to Be a Freshman?

Are You Proud to Be a Freshman?
Guess what, freshmen? Your very first homecoming week of
high school is right around the corner. From September 15 to September 18, White Station will be celebrating homecoming week, marking the beginning of one of the most exciting times of the year.
So what is homecoming week like at White Station? Homecoming week is a treasured tradition where everyone, including teachers, gets to participate. During the week, there are theme days in which students are encouraged to wear creative outfits. The week ends with a pep rally where students show off their Spartan pride before the night of the big game.
Senior Morgan Smith weighed in on her own experience during freshmen year.
“It was really intimidating, but I loved the sense of school spirit. There was a lot of music, dancing, chanting, and jokes,” Smith said.
Your first spirit week, especially the first pep rally,can be a bit overwhelming. You might not know where to go, what to say or where to sit, but you’ll be surrounded by a gym full of spirited students. You will find it easy to join in.
Not only do you get to be out of uniform, but you also get to
express yourself. Dress up, show spirit and support your Spartans as they head out onto the field.
“Don’t worry about being a freshman,” Smith said. “Be yourself. If you come to school in the tackiest outfit, but you walk with complete confidence… people will respect you.”
2014 Football Homecoming Days
Monday: Decades Day
Tuesday: Patriotic Day
Wednesday: Class Distinction (Freshman: Nerds;  Sophomores: Artsy; Juniors: Preppy; Seniors: Jocks)
Thursday: Green and Grey Day