• SUBSCRIBE to The Scroll - SIX Issues for only $1

Late night snack

Cookie flavors available at Insomnia Cookies

Jerin Alam / The Scroll

Jerin Alam / The Scroll

Of the many restaurants in Memphis, Insomnia Cookies, a bakery that delivers and serves freshly baked cookies on a daily basis, stands out from the crowd of regular bakeries. Cookies are baked and displayed in a heated case in front of the store in small batches to ensure the freshness of each cookie.

Founded in 2003 by Seth Berkowitz, who began baking and delivering cookies from a dorm room to students on campus late at night, Insomnia Cookies now has 107 locations. The newest location is 545 S Highland St., near University of Memphis on the Highland Strip. The stores are small and cozy, and the comforting smell of fresh baked cookies always surrounds customers.

“The atmosphere is pretty nice, and the workers are very friendly,” Amari Lloyd (11) said.

She has tried the Insomnia Cookies ice cream snickerdoodle sandwich, “It was really good and worth the price I paid.”

The company sells cookies, brownies, ice cream, ice cream cookie sandwiches and mini cookie cakes. Flavors range from old-fashioned chocolate chunk to double chocolate mint and anything else you could desire.

“[My favorite cookies are] chocolate, classic with M&M’s and sugar,” Caroline Danziger (12) said. “And [I like] the sizes of their cookies.”

Warm cookies are delivered within 30 minutes on average, and they are sold individually or in packs of up to two dozen.  Insomnia Cookies, true to the title, delivers late at night and early in the morning. You can even track your cookies.

A single cookie costs $1.50 and a gourmet cookie is $3.

“The prices are definitely the [worst] thing about Insomnia,”  Zack Roder (11) said.  “It’s very expensive for somewhat above-average cookies.”

The new location is slowly becoming more popular, mainly because they sell warm cookies.

“I [had] heard of them on social media before they got here,” Lily Merryman (11) said.  “My favorite part is that they deliver to my house.”

Because of the bakery’s warm atmosphere, wide selection of cookies and accessibility, Insomnia Cookies is a necessity, and when you are up studying for a big final, it will provide comforting snacks and a happy feeling.  Make sure you consider Insomnia Cookies when you’re in need of a sweet treat.

• Late night snack

Netflix’s look into teen suicide

• Late night snack

You Checking? Hallway Culture

• Late night snack

What’s the right thing to say?

• Late night snack

Bend it like a Lady Spartan

• Late night snack

Main Story

La Raza Unida: A united race

• Late night snack

Sports

Track and Field 2017

• Late night snack

Scope of Woke: History of Socially-Conscious Rappers

• Late night snack

Sports

Bases Loaded: Spartan Softball 2017

• Late night snack

Netflix’s look into teen suicide

Late night snack