Beautification at the Station

Lillie Hixson

Sri Velrajan(12) and Todd Simmons(12) working in the Spartan Garden.

White Station has a new objective: to beautify the school. Spartans are taking steps to make the school unique. One major part of the campus improvements is the Spartan Garden Club. The club serves the school by creating an interest in gardening and helping others by donating the food grown there. The effort to maintain the Spartan Garden gives the members of the club a sense of purpose.

“I definitely think that it makes it more aesthetically pleasing, but it’s not placed in the best location because it’s placed behind the school,” co-president of the Spartan Garden, Sri Velrajan (12) said.

Although the garden is not front and center in the school, it still gives off cheerful energy, showcasing that our school has gone the extra mile.

“The pansies during the winter time, and the little flash gardens, those are ways we like to boost morale around the school,” Velrajan said.

The Garden is not only a way for students to express themselves and help others, but it gives the school a fresh, well kept look.

Art also allows White Station to exemplify pride in its aesthetics. The art program gives people an opportunity to express themselves uniquely and demonstrate their own creativity.

Whether or not students take an art class,there will be several opportunities for those who want to express themselves artistically. This year, students will be painting murals in the east gym weight room.

“Art in schools creates a more interesting and happier learning environment,” said junior Phoebe Anderson, a student interested in the upcoming murals. “Art can be intellectually stimulating, improve people’s mood, and having a more beautiful campus can also make people respect it more.”

The murals, along with the Spartan Garden, keep students active and interested in our school.

“I think having nicer facilities to workout in and be surrounded by in school will kind of make people respect our campus possibly, and the nicer it looks, the less people will want to destroy it, ” Anderson said.

These murals will hopefully improve Spartans’ overall attitude toward the campus as well as  beautify the school’s appearance. Murals and the Spartan Garden show the efforts of the students to try to boost school morale and make the school look clean in a creative way.